Today’s question is from Jenny who asks:
I’m In the newborns and family portrait space, When i look at other photographers, It’s depressing as they are so much better than me. Currently I have about 2 clients a month, which is not enough if i want to make this a proper business.
I recently dropped my prices in a hope to get more customers, but this resulted in the wrong clientele and they just wanted everything for cheap.
Most families want the digital files not many want products.
What am i doing wrong? How do I get out of this rut?
We discuss the topics –
- Set goals for yourself
- Learn to edit better
– Youtube and CreativeLive are excellent sources for free videos on photography
- Improve your photography technique
- Put yourself out of your comfort zone
- Don’t drop your prices, add value instead
- Offer and Sell products before digital files
- In person sales can help your sales
- Talk to other photographers and network